Posted July 14, 2021
The Event Marketer brand at Access Intelligence is seeking a Managing Editor. You will be responsible for overseeing content production including oversight of the print production cycle. Reporting, writing, editing and posting content across Event Marketer channels is a key part of the role. You will curate speakers for events and produce podcasts, webinars and virtual and live events. You will also be working closely with the Executive Editor to help develop and execute new initiatives across the brand.
Key responsibilities for the Managing Editor include:
- Oversee four print production cycles per year, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Develop content for Event Marketer products, including magazine, website and social media
- Travel to various locations report and write stories on live events
- Assist with developing agendas, programs and sessions, and secure speakers for Event Marketer events (live and online)
- Track and analyze website content and social media performance and develop strategies for growth and improvement
- Develop, build and deploy high-profile digital features and initiatives
- Post and deploy website content and oversee daily and weekly content schedules
- Collaborate, help develop and drive new initiatives to grow the business
- Coordinate internally with editorial, production, marketing and analytics staff
- Coordinate externally with writers, speakers and attendees
- Monitor and build strong relationships in the event industry
The ideal Managing Editor will possess:
- Four-year degree in Journalism, English, Communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of experience in an editorial role
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change
- The ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively and independently
- 3+ years of experience in the Media or Marketing industry a plus
- Industry and trade show experience a plus
About Event Marketer
Event Marketer magazine was founded in 2002 to serve the information needs of strategic brand-side event marketers and agency executives across the spectrum of face-to-face marketing—including sponsorship activation, mobile marketing, retailtainment, stunts, buzz marketing, p.r. campaigns, press events, trade shows, corporate events, proprietary events and meetings. It has become the world’s most respected provider of content for the event marketing and trade show category. Our portfolio includes our flagship magazine, which publishes five times a year, the EM Buzz e-letter, the annual Experiential Marketing Summit, Ex Awards, Experience Design & Technology Awards, Experiential Marketing Training Camps, and more. Check out our magazine archive here.
Our People Are Our Strength
At Access Intelligence, we create exceptional experiences that ignite connection and commerce. We know that the more diverse and inclusive our staff and leadership teams are, the better we will be able to create these experiences for our customers. We have a strong commitment to improve diversity, equity and inclusion at our company. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics such as personality and personal interests that make our employees unique.
Our commitment extends to how we approach our events and content. We can’t wait to see how our renewed focus on diversity, equity and inclusion will enhance your experience with us.
To apply for this position, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.