Event Sales Executive
Posted December 16, 2020
The Event Marketer brand at Access Intelligence is seeking a passionate Event Sales Executive. The Event Sales Executive will build strong relationships with clients and understand clients’ needs to proactively identify growth opportunities for the brand through a consultative approach.
Key responsibilities for the Event Sales Executive include:
- Achieve company sales goals for Event Marketer portfolio of products by selling live and virtual exhibit, sponsorship, and other custom packages for the brand.
- Provide strategic insights to Publisher to grow brand
- Network and connect with industry contacts (through sales calls or visits, prospecting, etc.) to establish client relationships
- Attend and represent the company at industry events
- Identify and cultivate new relationships within the industry and build sales leads
- Identify and prioritize prospective sponsors and navigate internal contacts for best sales approach.
- Support sales through customized proposal generation including creative development, collecting and formulating research information, and building strategic proposals that meet the clients’ goals and needs.
- Research of each potential client/organization/executive before sales meeting (also true for existing clients and accounts) to be able to help establish the unique value that our packages will provide.
- Meet with sponsors to identify objectives and determine strategy for achieving objectives. Oversee sponsor relationships to determine if sponsor objectives are being met and track satisfaction levels.
- Collect and monitor insights and feedback from clients to provide feedback to Management.
- Some travel required
The ideal Event Sales Executive will possess:
- 5+ years of experience selling events and integrated solutions, preferably in the marketing industry; contacts in industry are a plus
- Strong cold-calling and prospecting skills
- Strategic planning and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively with a small team in a fast-paced environment
- Microsoft Office suite competent
- Proficiency in Salesforce is a plus
Our People Are Our Strength
At Access Intelligence, we create exceptional experiences that ignite connection and commerce. We know that the more diverse and inclusive our staff and leadership teams are, the better we will be able to create these experiences for our customers. We have a strong commitment to improve diversity, equity and inclusion at our company. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics such as personality and personal interests that make our employees unique.
Our commitment extends to how we approach our events and content. We can’t wait to see how our renewed focus on diversity, equity and inclusion will enhance your experience with us.
About Event Marketer
Event Marketer magazine was founded in 2002 to serve the information needs of strategic brand-side event marketers and agency executives across the spectrum of face-to-face marketing—including sponsorship activation, mobile marketing, retailtainment, stunts, buzz marketing, p.r. campaigns, press events, trade shows, corporate events, proprietary events and meetings. It has become the world’s most respected provider of content for the event marketing and trade show category. Our portfolio includes our flagship magazine, which publishes five times a year, the EM Buzz e-letter, the annual Experiential Marketing Summit, Ex Awards, Experience Design & Technology Awards, Experiential Marketing Training Camps, and more. Check out our magazine archive here.
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.