Associate Editor, Cablefax
Posted January 8, 2021
Access Intelligence’s Cablefax brand is looking for a motivated and talented Associate Editor to join our award-winning editorial team. We’re looking for a collaborative and curious individual who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment working independently day to day.
Associate Editor responsibilities include:
- Contributing content regularly to Cablefax Daily—the industry’s leading news source for content distributors, programmers and technology vendors
- Publishing the daily newsletter, including Cablefax.com via WordPress
- Writing articles for Cablefax: The Magazine as well as occasional special reports
- Publishing and oversight of The Skinny eletter
- Overseeing expansion and growth of the Cablefax community
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a comprehensive social media strategy
- Developing and optimizing multimedia content for all social media networks
- Helping to program and recruit speakers for Webinars and live events
- Supporting with awards programs and writing short items about awards winners
Skills to be successful as an Associate Editor:
- Four-year degree in Journalism, English, Communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated competency in use of editing and proofreading skills to resolve stylistic, grammatical, and form of written material
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrates flexibility; can re-define role as needed and adapt to change
- Works with team members in a positive manner to solicit needed information
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently
- 2+ years of experience in the Media industry preferred
- Industry and trade show experience preferred
Cablefax is what broadband executives read first and trust the most. Our team of hard-charging and curious editors deliver original, comprehensive and insightful coverage of business developments affecting the cable, broadband and digital markets. We have a wide range of resources to help you stay on top of the news and smarter than your peers, including Cablefax Daily, Cablefax Magazine, award programs, webinars, conferences and networking events.
Our People Are Our Strength
At Access Intelligence, we create exceptional experiences that ignite connection and commerce. We know that the more diverse and inclusive our staff and leadership teams are, the better we will be able to create these experiences for our customers. We have a strong commitment to improve diversity, equity and inclusion at our company. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics such as personality and personal interests that make our employees unique.
Our commitment extends to how we approach our events and content. We can’t wait to see how our renewed focus on diversity, equity and inclusion will enhance your experience with us.
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com or click here.