Associate Editor – Avionics International
Posted December 1, 2022
Access Intelligence’s premier aerospace publication Avionics International is seeking a well-organized and tech-savvy Associate Editor responsible for writing, editing, and helping to coordinate content for our weekly e-letters, six magazine issues each year, and our annual event, the Connected Aviation Intelligence summit. The Associate Editor will also assist in the recruitment of speakers for online and live events and recruiting and scheduling guest writers for the website.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop content and assist in deployment of the weekly Avionics International Report and Advanced Aviation Report e-newsletters
- Become familiar with industry leaders and trends to cover current events and major updates
- Conduct frequent interviews with company executives, experts, and organizational leaders
- Proofread and provide production support for bi-monthly digital/print magazine
- Oversee expansion and growth of the Avionics International community
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive social media strategy
- Develop and optimize multimedia content for all social media networks
- Help to recruit speakers for webinars and live events
- Assign articles to freelancers and recruit guest expert contributors
- Represent aerospace brands at industry events
- Assist in coordination of speakers for annual Connected Aviation Intelligence event
- Four-year degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or other relevant field, or commensurate experience
- Three years of experience in editorial, journalism, or publishing
- Proficiency with desktop publishing word processing software
- Understanding of and ability to apply copyright laws
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience working in the aerospace industry or interest in covering aerospace technologies and topics is preferred.
Our People Are Our Strength
Access Intelligence, we create exceptional experiences that ignite connection and commerce. We know that the more diverse and inclusive our staff and leadership teams are, the better we will be able to create these experiences for our customers. We have a strong commitment to improve diversity, equity and inclusion at our company. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics such as personality and personal interests that make our employees unique.
Our commitment extends to how we approach our events and content. We can’t wait to see how our renewed focus on diversity, equity and inclusion will enhance your experience with us.
Qualified candidates must send resume and cover letter detailing why they think they are a fit for this role including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.